What you Focus on the longest becomes your strongest
By Ken Brown
Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go." Joshua 1:7
To be focused means having a keen sense of direction. Every thought, action and association has a purpose. Outstanding leaders are focused. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it. To become more focused a leader should:
- Live on Purpose: We must understand that our life is a gift from God and the use of our life is a gift to God. Do not confuse profession with purpose.
- Know Thy Self: Outstanding leaders know their strengths and opportunities. Stay in your lane. Do what you do best and delegate the rest.
- Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing: A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. All distractions are equal. Keep you eyes on the prize.
- Be a Master: If you try to do everything that comes your way, you will not excel at anything. Remember, a specialist earns much more that a generalist.
- Commit to Life Long Learning: Always be coachable. Invest in self-improvement. Steven Covey calls it sharpening the saw. The market pays according to your value. Once you increase your skills the market will pay you accordingly.
About the Author
Kenneth Brown is the owner of 2 successful McDonald's franchises in the Metro-Detroit area. Ken is also a world-renowned speaker,teacher, and life coach. He has a remarkable gift for deeply touching the hearts and souls of those who need to hear the spiritual truth in practical terms. Ken has a personal mission to transform the lives of one million people by instilling hope, encouragement and empowerment through the Word of God.
© Apr. 2009 By Afromerica || [TOP]
Submit an article
Join the Mailing List
Join a Discussion
Afromerica: Where its all Black & white and some gray areas.
© 2002 "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"