Below are characters from the Macktown Novels collection; from the leading character down to the least mentioned. Everyone plays a part and is essential in advancing the plot. The characters will be broken down and grouped by which street crew, organization, or government position they hold:
Perry Project Pips
Jackville Community Organization - The JCO
- Humphrey Lawson - Hump; Top dog of the Perry Project Pips; project bred; wanted, infamous, dangerous.
- Willie Boe - Boe; Hump's right hand; project bred; hard core, no-nonsense.
- Curry Boy - Curry Boy; Hump's left hand; project bred, banger, thug.
- Butchy Scagg - Butchy; project bred, bully, banger, hood runner.
- Domino Jackson - Dommy; project bred, banger, thug, hood runner.
- Jimmy Sneed - Sneed; project bred; hit man, hood runner, thug.
- Frank Malone - Silk; Perryville bred; hood runner, ladies man, thug.
- Floyd Moon - Mooney; Perryville bred; drug dealer, hood runner, thug.
- Jack Jackson - Jackalonie; project bred; hit man, banger, hood runner, thug.
- Mississippi Black - Black; from Mississippi; Hump's prison contact, hood runner.
- Tone Parker - T-Stone; project bred; hit man, banger, hood runner, thug.
- Tommy Styles - Styles; project bred; young thug, hood runner, banger.
- Rodney Meese - Meese; Perryville bred; young thug, drug dealer, banger.
- Clyde Stash - Stash; Perryville bred; drug dealer, hood runner, young thug.
- Drake James - Drake; project bred; drug dealer, hood runner, banger, thug.
- Dexter Miles - Dexter; Perryville bred; hit man, young thug, hood runner, banger.
- Larry Pinch - Pinch; Perryville bred; drug dealer, young thug, banger.
- Janet Gene - Genie; South side bred; Humphrey's wife.
- Nita Skinny - Skinny; South side bred; Genie's girl; sneaky.
- Debbie Sweet - Sweet; North side bred; Sneed's woman, hustler, street smart.
Get Saved Gospel Church
- Priscilla Pearl - President; African beauty; community activist, bright, no-nonsense.
- Moses Stone - Vice President; Radio DJ; JCO public radio and television personality.
- Foster Friend - Mack Times newspaper Editor; JCO publisher; truth seeker; no-nonsense.
East Side Gangs
- Pastor Terry Mills - Pastor, community activist; true disciple.
- Bobby West - Church minister; Healing Temple founder, community activist.
- Jennifer West - Bobby's wife; community activist.
- Rico Gray - Church minister; community activist.
- Calvin Paul - Dirty Paul; Top dog Lester Boys; thug, banger, later Yancy Dude
- Curtis Paul - Calvin's brother; banger, thug.
- Kevin Lee Pearson - Calvin's right hand; banger, thug.
- Clay Barnes - Top dog Drew Street Pimps; thug, banger.
- Nick Bones - Top dog Rosa Parks Players; big time pimp; hustler.
- Poochie Brown - Top dog Rosa Parks Players banger crew; banger, thug.
Tenth Street Crew
- Anthony Minks - Top dog; South side bred; loan-shark; thug, bully.
- Mr. Dean - Minks right hand; south side bred; hit man/collector, thug.
- Max Clean - Mob hit man/collector; south side bred; thug.
- Al Fats - south side bred; collector, ladies man.
Gino James Cartel
- Johnny Dimes - Top dog; hustler, bookie, loan-shark, thug, high roller.
- Danny Dimes - Johnny's brother; hustler, bookie, thug.
- Vinny Smiles - West side bred; Dimes right hand; hustler, hit man, high roller.
42nd Street Boys
- Gino James - Top dog; Puerto Rican native; high roller, drug dealer, business man.
- Pushy Martin - West side bred; drug dealer, bully, banger, thug, hit man.
- Sammy Simms - Detroit bred; drug dealer, high roller.
- Specs Morgan - St. Louis bred; drug dealer, high roller, nerd.
- Joe Muggs - New York bred; drug dealer, hit man, bully.
- Ann Fox - Foxie; Gino's woman; north side bred; street smart, dangerous, sexy.
West Hills Homeboys
- James Dutch - Kanine; Top dog; project bred; hustler; banger, drug dealer, thug.
- Bigape Mahoney - Bigape; project bred; hustler, banger, drug dealer, thug.
- James Cain - Cain; project bred; hustler, banger, drug dealer, thug.
- Al Roach - Roach; project bred; drug dealer, hood runner, thug.
- Blackie Banks - Blackie; project bred; owner of Drag Taxi, hustler.
- Mike Deuce - Ducey; project bred; drug dealer, thug, hood runner, hit man.
West Hills Home Girls
- Allen Wells - Shoeshine; Top dog; project bred; stone hustler, thug, gangster.
- Rudy Days - Root; project bred; hustler, thief, drug dealer, thug.
- Nutball - Nutball; project bred; hustler, thief, murderer, thug, crazy.
- Joe Slack - Slack; 16th Street Top dog; hustler, banger, thug.
- Juice Jones - Juice; west side bred; small time pimp, crook, hustler.
- Jack Happening - West Hills bred; owner of the Happenings night club, pimp, hustler.
- Chilly Bill - Chilly; West side bred; hustler, pimp, drug dealer, gun runner, you name it.
- Pony Ford - Pony; 16th Street bred; hustler, crook, thug.
- Eddie Gooch - Gooch; Top dog of West Side Dogs; thug, bully, drug dealer.
- Blip - Gooch's right hand; west side bred; drug dealer, banger, thug.
- Jackie Tripp - Juice's old woman; hustler, high-end call girl, quick tempered.
- Ann Fannie - Shoeshine's woman; drug dealer, hustler, quick tempered, banger.
- Bootsy Rowe - prostitute, hustler, drug dealer, devious, attitude.
- Debbs - Low-end prostitute, hustler, drug dealer, ditsy, smart mouth.
- Tasty Simms - Pony's woman; smart, sexy, drug dealer, quiet, sneaky.
- Maxine Mables - Maxi - Low-end prostitute; thief, hustler, smart mouth, thug.
- Willie Preston - Ex-Macktown Mayor; good mayor, caught up in scandal, unseated as Mayor.
- Mike Mendota - Ex-Mayor; best Mayor; honest, forced out by scandal; unseated.
- Grover Gold - Corrupt Mayor; crooked, hated, unfair, current Mayor.
- Police Chief Marlow - good cop; fair, serious, no-nonsense.
- Fatboy McGraw - Lead Detective - hard core, serious, no-nonsense.
- Janet Crimm - City DA - Pretty, hard worker, serious, no-nonsense, honest.
- Lance King - School Super - Hard worker, company man, passive.
- Wilma Warren - Social Services Director - white woman, company woman, government dedicated.
- Tony Cuffs - Lead DEA Agent - hard core; negotiator, no-nonsense, street smart.
- Frank Walls - State Senator - crooked, devious, educated.
- Scott Milner - Governor - crooked, sneaky, conservative, educated, good ole boy.
- Sonny Shaw - Banglewood Mayor - corrupt, arrogant, educated.
- Justine Jenkins - Banglewood Police Chief - mean, corrupt, arrogant, no-nonsense.
- Ray Lacy - Banglewood City Planner - hard worker, honest, educated, caught up in scandal.
- Day Cozy - Promise Land Director - visionary, educated, wise, bright sister.
- Marcia Donovan - Clothing Designer - educated, successful, bright sister.
- Freda Ladymay Gene - Macktown Madam; Pimptress, hustler, mild-mannered, devious, rich.
- Triflin Sally Ann - Ladymay's assistant; hustler, educated, serious, dark and pretty.
- Darlene Darling Miller - Old school chick; rich, serious hustler, devious, sneaky, lowdown.
- Hank Towns - Top dog; project bred; hard core gangster, crack dealer, murderer, thug.
- Buford Towns - Lakeside - second in command; crack dealer, laid back, banger, hit man.
- Louis Towns - Boss Louie - Oldest brother; hustler, banger, thug.
- Bernard Towns - Peewee - bully, quick tempered, murderer, crack dealer, hit man, thug.
- Jackson Demps - Books - nerd, accountant for Yancys; smart, educated, murderer.
- Eli Moody - Eli - crack dealer, banger, hit man, thief.
- Levi Moody - Tree - crack dealer, banger, hit man, thief.
- Calvin Paul - Dirty Paul - crack dealer, hit man, thug.
- Eddie Gooch - Gooch - crack dealer, thug, bully, hit man.
- Charlene Moody - Charlie - pretty, serious, crack dealer, hit woman, angry, bossy, mean.
- Nate Dacky - Dack - crack dealer, old school, banger, thug.
- Mofoni Obi - Mofoni - crack dealer, old school, banger, thug, cool.
- Stella Towns - Stella - Hank's niece; good girl gone bad, gangsterette, crack dealer.
- Leon Lowdown Jefferies - Top dog; crack dealer, wannabe thug.
- Pop Martin - Pushy's little brother; Top dog, crack dealer, bully, gangster.
- Cowboy - Lowdown's right hand, crack dealer, thug
Banglewood Community Organization - NOPE
- Tony Segal - Tony - Top dog; bully, fighter, crack dealer, thief, thug.
- Pete Cooley - Cool Baby - Tony's right hand; crack dealer, bully, thug, hustler.
- Rick Brown - Rudolph - Tony's left hand; crack dealer, laid back, thug, thief, hustler.
- Marlin French - French - Old school gangster, hit man, accountant, thief.
- Bobo Base - Bobo - Old school gangster, hit man, gambler, hustler.
- Cesar Jones- Cesar - crack dealer, gangster, hit man, thug, bully, hustler.
- Casey Jones - Gunny - crack dealer, gangster, hit man, hustler.
- Cyrus Price - President; community activist, serious, truth seeker, no-nosense.
- Nina Gold - Grover Gold's daughter - turned community activist, educated, pretty.
- Sherry Walls - Shay - Senator Wall's daughter; good girl turned informant.
- Lucibelle Lucy Lawson - Humphrey's mother; high school dropout, teenage mother; hustler, activist.
- Steven Lawson - Humphrey's father; hustler, dropout, drug dealer, activist.
- Grandma - Humphrey Lawson's grandmother; project bred, getting old.
- Shank Mills - Steven's partner; Old school gangster, drug dealer, hustler, business man.
- Jackville Bruce - Top dog of Lawson Boys; Steven's bodyguard, hustler, banger, thug.
- Trina Apples - Jack Happenings girl, Darlings assistant, Steven and Lucy's babysitter.
- Pimp Willie - Banglewood pimp and hustler, Yancy thug, antagonist.
- Pookie Moon - Chilly's protégée; rapper, dancer, pimp, drug dealer, gun runner, thug.